Development Program Manager
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and versatile individual to join our team as a Program Manager (level to be determined based on experience). In this role, you will play a pivotal part in our Development Core Team, facilitating effective communication, driving project deliverables, and contributing to various cross-functional projects in areas such as CMC, Regulatory, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, and Non-Clinical. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics, and to participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology.
The successful candidate will work closely with both internal groups and select external organizations. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with a strong program management and technical background who can assimilate new information quickly. This individual will report to the Chief Medical Officer and will help identify and implement tools and processes to facilitate successful delivery of Encoded’s research and development programs.
Workplace Model: Hybrid
- Facilitate development and implementation of program strategies, ensuring alignment with the company's goals, timelines, and budgetary constraints.
- Organize Development Core Team activities that facilitate cross-functional collaboration, foster effective communication and strategic discussions, and ensure all stakeholders are aligned on program objectives and milestones to aid decision-making.
- Ensure cross-functional collaboration by organizing Development Core Team activities, fostering effective communication, strategic discussions, and ensuring all stakeholders are aligned on program objectives and milestones to aid decision-making processes.
- Support cross-functional teams in planning, development and maintenance of timelines, and execution on development of AAV gene therapy programs. Partner with specific functions to manage operational aspects of plan implementation and execution.
- Understand product development under GCP, SOPs, and Regulatory requirements, as well as Commercialization considerations.
- Partner with Core Team Sponsor to ensure cross-functional teams are properly prepared for internal meetings, communications to management and engagement with external partners.
- Program Management:
- Facilitate program planning, including development of integrated project plans, timelines, and assisting functional leads with resource allocation to achieve program goals.
- Drive deliverables resulting from Core Team meetings, ensuring timelines are met and objectives are achieved.
- Partner with functional leads to coordinate cross-functional projects related to CMC, Regulatory, Clinical, Medical, Patient Advocacy and Non-Clinical, providing support and guidance to achieve project goals.
- Facilitate internal communication to identify risks and mitigations.
- Assist functional leads with implementing risk management strategies, proactively identifying and mitigating program risks and challenges.
- Communication and Reporting:
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels within Development Core Teams, the Medical Office, and across functions.
- Monitor and report program progress, providing regular updates to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and other stakeholders, highlighting key achievements, challenges, and mitigation plans.
- Utilize formal communication protocols and tools including dashboards, reports, weekly/monthly updates, and any other specific information as needed for internal use to help achieve company and operational goals.
- Ad Hoc Projects:
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to contribute to ad hoc functional projects across various departments.
- Collaborate with team members to address challenges and find innovative solutions for ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Support Medical Office preparation for quarterly business review (QBR) and board of director (BoD) meetings.