Virtual Primary Care Registered Nurse (Full Time)
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Included Health (formerly Doctor on Demand and Grand Rounds) is one of the leading telehealth companies in the US with an employed physician practice in all 50 states. The RN will work on the Primary Care team with other clinical staff to support the primary care clinicians and patients. The RN will serve as an available resource for patients and clinicians, and act as a care guide to support patients through the continuum of care. He/she/they will carry out assigned nursing tasks and orders as delegated by the clinicians to support patient care.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists all patients through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator. Participates in patient-centered team meetings and quality improvement initiatives. Facilitates health and disease patient education.
- Supports patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
- Coordinates (in conjunction with other care team members) continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities, including the process hospital admission and discharge and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
- Manages high risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities or high risk for readmission to a hospital setting.
- Conducts comprehensive, preventive screenings for patients and/or assists all support staff in daily patient interactions as needed.
- Promotes clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans. Facilitates patient medication management based upon standing orders and protocols.
- Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation related to primary care.
- Evaluates clinical care, utilization of resources, and development of new clinical tools, forms, and procedures.
- Follows standard procedures and protocols related triage and escalation of care.
- Follows protocols and acts on standing orders per clinician guidance to assist with refills, ordering preventative/screening interventions, etc. within RN scope of practice.
- Collect and analyze biometric data to support various population health and patient care initiatives.
- Provides support to medical assistants regarding clinical guidelines and protocols
- Associates of Science in Nursing/Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Current RN license in state of residency.
- Compact licensure required. Additional multi-state licensure may be required in other states which Included Health will facilitate
- Outpatient Experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- MUST HAVE 5+ primary care experience
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with google suite.
- Must have experience working in an electronic health record system or have previous database experience.
- 2-5 years experience in a clinical setting, ideally with chronic disease management care.
- Occasional evening and weekend coverage may be required
- Able to work M-F 9a-6p CST
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, innovative and flexible.
- Must be able to work independently remotely.
- A team player that can follow a system and protocol to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
The United States base salary range for this full-time position is $73,130 (min) - $100,558 (75th %). + equity + benefits.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Included Health reserves the right to modify these ranges in the future. For further information, please ask your Recruiter.
In addition to receiving a competitive pay, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.