Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Platform
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2022
Included Health is building a next generation healthcare technology and is looking for an experienced platform engineer to join the Cloud Platform team. The Cloud Platform team sits at the bottom of the stack, right above AWS, which enables us to build cross-cutting features across infrastructure, observability and security. You are a strong cross-functional technical leader that can build software that meets the highest standards in quality, scalability and reliability. You will be working across all engineering teams and collaborating with the Engineering Manager to define and execute a multi-year vision. You will be expected to break down and execute large projects with the Cloud Platform team.
We are a fast, hard-working group with diverse backgrounds and deeply committed to our mission and our members. We believe shipping 80% of the value faster and learning is the best way to maximize impact. We also recognize that we won’t get technology, tooling or processes right on our first try and seek ways to continuously improve ourselves. We believe success comes from optimizing for the whole and welcome everyone’s ideas to the table. We focus on intentional growth so we can expand our skills and apply them to accomplish new goals. We are dedicated to helping each other be our best.
- Plan and directed complex a technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Create and maintain best-in-class infrastructure that powers our Cloud Platform.
- Participate in spec reviews and offer solutions specific to your platform.
- Drive product strategy for the cloud platform while partnering with other engineering teams, data science, product and others to create solutions that address engineering effectiveness needs.
- Build cross-cutting features in the dataplane by using and extending state of the art service mesh technologies.
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform.
- Scale organization wide practices around our Agile and Devops methodologies.
- A proven, hands-on software engineer who has led teams to build platforms that simplify infrastructure, SRE and security for engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into a technical vision and product development roadmap.
- Reputation as a valued thought partner and dependable leader across the organization.
- Deep critical reasoning skills and strong business judgment to make sound decisions and provide clear rationale.
- Sense of urgency; desire to move quickly and ship things.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Istio and Docker
- Observability stacks on Grafana, Mimir, Open Telemetry
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and its alphabet soup of technologies including EKS, RDS, ALB/ELB, IAM.
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: $181,000 - $275,950 + equity + benefits
Zone B: $150,800 - $203,600 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations.Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for a performance-based bonus. Details of the Annual Bonus Plan, including performance metrics, target incentives, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.