Director, Strategy and Operations, Clinical Services
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
About the Role:
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and
navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break
down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no
matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to
chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and
access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary
care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at
The Director, Strategy and Operations role will amplify the impact of Included Health on the
patients and members it serves by enhancing the current and future clinical offerings of
the company. Independently and in close collaboration with senior Clinical, Product, Data,
and Care leaders, this individual will drive product performance and major strategic
initiatives across our Virtual Care, Behavioral Health, and Navigation / Care Management
programs. We are specifically looking for an individual with proven experience designing,
implementing, and leading clinical programming in a fast-paced, matrixed organization.
This position reports to the Included Health Senior Vice President, Clinical Services.
What you’ll Do:
- You will leverage your analytical/problem solving skill set and outside-the-box thinking to deliver insightful data analysis, define and monitor key performance metrics & initiatives, support new product innovation, and address operational challenges working with a cross functional group of collaborators across Product, Clinical and Care teams.
- Lead strategic projects to improve the health of IH’s Virtual Primary Care, Urgent Care, Behavioral Health, and Care Management / Navigation practices in close partnership with senior clinical leadership. Specific areas of focus will include: supporting product performance, operational efficiency and effectiveness, and clinical outcomes
- Monitor and analyze service line performance, reviewing existing data, identifying opportunities for improvement, and partnering with Clinical, Product, Care, and Data teams to drive execution
- Support clinical growth and innovation through evaluation of market- and clinical best practices, translating these insights into recommendations to inform our roadmap
- Support clinician and clinical practice wellbeing, undertaking strategic initiatives to ensure we attract and retain top talent
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of relevant healthcare experience, with at least 5 years working in management consulting, high-growth health startups, or dynamic, multi-faceted health systems
- Medical degree or training appreciated, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience successfully driving programmatic and clinical operational change through direct leadership and influence across clinical and non-clinical stakeholders
- Able to effectively communicate in a variety of formats and styles
- Outstanding analytical abilities and instincts
- Natural ability to create effective relationships, influence, and collaborate
- Operate comfortably and effectively in ambiguity
- Passionate about improving the quality and experience of clinical care delivered in the US healthcare system
The United States new hire base salary target range for this full-time position is:
$145810 - $211425 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for a performance-based bonus. Details of the Annual Bonus Plan, including performance metrics, target incentives, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.