Proposal Manager (Contract)
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
As Proposal Manager, you drive the project management and execution of Included Health’s RFx responses/proposals. You are responsible for generating proposals that demonstrate the value of Included Health to stakeholders and procurement teams from enterprise employers, health plans, public sector, and/or consulting groups. The Proposal Manager owns the process from intake to submission, playing a critical role in both managing the timely, compliant completion of proposals and ensuring the quality and accuracy of these submissions. You will quarterback and coordinate the cross-functional team responding to the RFx to create a submission that speaks clearly and persuasively to the prospect’s needs and scores highly in competitive evaluations. In this cross-functional capacity, you will most closely collaborate with Proposal Writers, Product Marketing, Sales, Solutions Consulting, and Subject Matter Experts across the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess: strong project management and communication skills, superb attention to detail, writing and editing knowledge, and a track record of delivering high-quality proposals on time and with cross-functional alignment. This role reports to the Director, Proposals.
- Lead and manage all phases of proposal development, including review of RFx requirements, questions, and supplemental documentation and creation of a work plan that documents the proposal schedule and team players and outlines strategy.
- Supervise intake of assigned proposals and identify critical teams involved in RFx opportunity; schedule and facilitate kick-off, status, and debrief meetings with appropriate teams, as applicable.
- Ensure response strategy and timelines are clearly defined and documented early in the process and drive the RFx to completion based on those timelines.
- Establish and manage the proposal development schedule and communicate the schedule to the entire team through use of internal resources.
- Identify and queue tasks to various departments, using the appropriate ticketing/notification systems.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams assigned to work proposal efforts.
- Revise project schedule and proposal outline as necessary throughout the proposal lifecycle to adhere to deadlines.
- Ensure proposal response is tailored to the specific challenges, concerns, and needs of the customer.
- Structure and lead proposal reviews with appropriate cross-functional resources.
- Serve as the team expert on project requirements and ensure compliance of both solutions and final submissions.
- Collaborate with the content team to update and maintain accurate information in our answer library.
- Ensure proper mitigation strategies are followed, issues that require escalation are handled quickly and thoroughly, and all stakeholders are kept updated.
- Be aware of all corporate policies, including HIPAA compliance and data security requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in proposal management.
- BA or BS in Technical Writing, English, Marketing, Communications, or related required.
- Experience in healthcare, employer benefits, healthcare consulting, or related preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with RFP collaboration tools and content databases - Responsive, Salesforce, Adobe, Slack, and Google Workspace preferred.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, adhering to schedules and deadlines.
- High level of organization and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to think creatively and critically.
- Ability to serve as a utility player in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Passion for the Included Health product suite; belief that our services can transform how we access and utilize healthcare.
Note: this role is a contract role with an anticipated duration of approximately 16 weeks
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.