Staff Data Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
At Kyruus Health, our mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. Our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Staff Data Engineer role.
Care: You will strive for quality in everything you do and always try to deliver the best product possible.
Driven: You will encounter new problems and approach them with curiosity and excitement, always eager to learn new things.
Respect: You will give constructive feedback when needed and accept it when given. Review and feedback is an integral part of the software development process.
Accountable: You understand we all make mistakes occasionally, and as long as we own them and fix them we can all move forward together.
What you will do in a Staff Data Engineer role at Kyruus Health:
- Collaborate with other internal teams to design data pipelines that ingest information from various systems to our BigQuery data warehouse.
- Take ownership of the codebase; identify gaps or areas for improvement, refactor where needed, and keep the design fresh and modern.
- Actively code to unblock technical and communication challenges as necessary to ensure teams meet product roadmaps and close those gaps.
- Contribute to and participate in architecture review decisions, designs, and documentation that will govern the direction of the team, the codebase, and multiple products over a several month timeframe.
- Provide feedback and participate in pair programming exercises.
- Kyruus Health will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
How You Can Grow
What you will bring:
- 8+ experience developing data platforms using python and SQL.
- Experience creating and maintaining Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Pipelines and using modern ETL tools.
- Experience working with database and data warehouse technologies such as Postgres, Bigquery, and Redshift.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience in developing large scale data structures and streaming pipelines such as Apache Beam.
- Experience creating data visualizations in tools like Datadog, Looker, Tableau, or other applicable data visualization and business intelligence tools.
- Plus: Working experience in the US healthcare system, in particular with data systems and EHRs such as Epic, Cerner or Athenahealth.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus Health is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus Health has facilities.