Director of Product Design
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
Lyra Health is looking for an experienced design leader to build, develop, and manage key facets of Lyra’s Design discipline. As the Director of Design at Lyra, you’ll help drive strategy, vision, and execution across the product life cycle, while leading and growing a team of accomplished designers.
As a senior leader at Lyra, you’ll partner closely across design, product, engineering, clinical, partnerships, customer success, marketing, and other stakeholder teams to develop a deep understanding of our users (including members, providers, and buyers).
This role will play a leadership role in every facet of the Lyra lifecycle, including driving execution both yourself and through your teams ultimately shaping Lyra’s product ecosystem for millions of users worldwide.
This role will report directly to our Head of Design and will join the Product and Design leadership teams at Lyra.
This role can be carried out (hybrid) from our Burlingame, CA headquarters, or remote/virtual (remote candidates must be physically located within the United States). Remote candidates must be based within the Pacific Time Zone.
- Manage key facets of the member experience while balancing business and user needs (Including member accounts, health plans, and design systems)
- Manage and grow a team of designers working across the Lyra product development lifecycle
- Shape Lyra’s design culture, through collaboration, feedback, and socialization
- Improve existing systems, processes and programs that optimize the design team’s efficacy
- Work across teams to steward design excellence, ensuring the highest level of craft across all design deliverables
- Work with design leadership to codify the “Look & Feel” of the Lyra platform and product experience
- Participate in design reviews, providing guidance, and constructive feedback in service of delivering world-class products and experiences
- Maintain awareness of emerging member, business and competitive opportunities to ensure we are fulfilling those needs
- Manage communication with internal stakeholders and external prospects and customers
- Invest in the team’s growth by supporting the learning and development of each and every team member
- Serve as a thought leader and advocate for user experience at Lyra
- 10+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field
- Proven management track record demonstrating team growth and successful product launches across iOS, Android, and web
- Experience driving roadmaps and setting the direction for the team to execute
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Principle, etc)
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets, shaping design for multi-disciplinary projects
- Mastery of design craft
- Strong ability to communicate design decisions and UX best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well on a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Knowledgeable of current accessibility standards and able to apply them
- Sound business judgment with ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.
By applying for this position, your data will be processed as per Lyra Health Workforce Privacy Notice. Through this application, we will collect personal information from you including your name, email address, gender identity, employment information, and phone number for the purposes of recruiting and assessing suitability, aptitude, skills, qualifications, and interests for employment with Lyra. We may also collect information about your race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation, which is considered sensitive personal information under the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). Providing this information is optional and completely voluntary. If you are a California resident and would like to limit how we use this information, please use the Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information form. This information will only be retained for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as described above. Please note that Lyra does not “sell” or “share” personal information as defined by the CPRA. For more information about how we use and retain your information, please see our Workforce Privacy Notice.