Senior Data Engineer (Remote - U.S. only)
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
The Data Platform team owns core pieces of our data infrastructure, pipelines, ML platform and data services underlying our product. We’re a distributed team with a diverse skill set, working cross functionally with many teams with a mission to deliver the best data products to our customers. The Data Engineering team sits at the core, owning crucial pieces of the data stack including data ingestion, data storage, data modeling and external data sharing. We provide the building blocks for other teams to utilize data for powering many technical and business use-cases.
*This Data Engineer role can be full-time in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR remotely (remote candidates must be based in the United States).
Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Develop, deploy and maintain data warehouse models, data pipelines and data infrastructure to meet business use-cases using technologies such as SQL and Python.
- Continuously improve our existing systems and work with members of the data, engineering and analytics teams to design and implement scalable systems that stand the test of time.
- Collaborate with key partners including product management, data science, behavioral health specialists
- Ensure that best practices are adhered to during all phases of software development.
- Adhere to the highest quality and security standards
Qualifications & Critical Experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, with demonstrated experience writing high-quality code (Python).
- Experience building fault-tolerant data pipelines with logging, alerting and data validation that goes beyond simple scripting.
- Experience implementing, maintaining and scaling data integration solutions.
- Experience implementing and designing data warehouses using MPP databases such as Snowflake, BigQuery or Redshift.
- Ability to build data models using SQL for business analysts to consume.
- Experience working with highly sensitive data, preferably in a healthcare environment
- A track record of making quality vs. deadline tradeoffs in fast paced environments.
- Experience with cloud object storage (preferably AWS S3).
- Experience within healthcare/health tech domain
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.
See more open positions at Lyra Health
Something looks off?