Senior A/R Accountant
Accounting & Finance
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for a seasoned Accounts Receivable Accountant to join our quickly growing team. This role will be responsible for the critical process of customer invoicing and collections, as well as strategically growing and improving our general A/R processes. A strong foundation in revenue and accounting is necessary for the role as the company will look to you for guidance and support of Revenue Operations. You will need excellent communication, sound judgment, and a bias toward action.
An ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully operating in dynamic environments. They should be able to identify business needs and be comfortable working across teams to create solutions and improvements. As an operations team member, the Accounts Receivable Accountant will work across the business to thoughtfully organize Accounts Receivable operations and improve our clarity into the business.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for distribution of all customer invoices
- First point of contact for customer invoice communications
- Analyze fluctuations in account balances from period to period
- A/R aging reports
- Coordinate with Customer Success & Customers on collections for aging items
- Investigate and resolve any invoice issues or inquiries
- Assist new customer/program set up
- Maintain accounts receivable files and records
- Assist and interface with external auditors for annual audit
- Assist with billing activities as needed
- Support credit memo review and processing
- Support accounts receivable payments in billing system
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual close process including account reconciliations and account review
- Support building out processes, procedures, and workflows within the quote to cash cycle
- 3rd party commission accounting, accrual and reporting
Who You Are & What You've Done
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounts receivable, collections, general accounting, or related capacity
- Experience with accounting reconciliation processes
- Strong, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive & Detail Oriented
- Experience with invoicing and data entry software (Netsuite, Zuora, and Salesforce are a plus)
- Proficiency with all standard accounting and presentation software and platforms
- Experience building out processes, procedures, and workflows that enable sustainable scaling of the business
- Healthcare and/or startup related experience is a plus
This is a full-time role that can be located in the headquarters in SF Bay Area (Burlingame, California), or remote.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.
See more open positions at Lyra Health
Something looks off?