Commercial Contracts Specialist
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
You will be a critical team member in Lyra’s growing legal team to support internal stakeholders in fulfilling Lyra’s mission to bring mental and emotional health solutions to large employers across the country. This is a full-time role that will report to Lyra’s Associate General Counsel and can either be located in the headquarters in SF Bay Area (Burlingame, California), or remote. You will be a vital member of our commercial contracts team, where you will review and negotiate contracts with customers as the main focus, as well as work with internal stakeholders to resolve questions, and contribute to team projects as needed to support Lyra’s growth.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced contracts negotiator, enjoy being a part of a tight-knit collegial team, and have an enthusiasm for building better internal processes through technology and process improvements. The legal team plays an essential role at the company, responding and managing all legal questions, and candidates with all around experience are welcome to help support the various needs of the company.
- Independently review, redline, and negotiate terms for various commercial agreements, including Saas agreements, Lyra’s customer agreements, contract renewals, provider agreements, confidentiality agreements, statements of work, data security agreements, requests for proposals (RFPs) and other documents; when appropriate, collaborate with internal stakeholders to define/drive discussions
- Work with commercial team to streamline processes and create efficiencies in the contracting process
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that commercial agreements comply with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Provide practical and creative support on business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree; JD degree a plus
- 4+ years experience negotiating, drafting, and/or editing with a wide range of complex commercial agreements, including technology transactions, health care agreements, data sharing agreements, NDAs, and sales contracts.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Experience providing significant support to internal projects, including collecting, distilling and summarizing issues from relevant stakeholders
- Experience working with the legal team at a technology company (including working with legal technology contracting tools) and/or health care organization strongly preferred.
- Additional contracting experience with the the following a plus: State and/or Federal healthcare programs/regulations, Provider contracts, Technology transactions
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Sense of humor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.