Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
At Lyra we believe that data-driven technology and decision making is a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of provider quality and accessibility in a broken healthcare system. We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer who cares about impact, ownership, cross-functional projects, and mentorship.
Lyra is for you if you:
- Want to work with brilliant people solving hard problems
- Have a passion for social impact and helping people who are in need
- Like to collaborate across teams with engineers, data scientists, and product managers
*This Sr. Machine Learning Engineer role can be full-time in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, or remote. Please note, remote candidates must be based in the United States.
- Be part of a team of innovative ML engineers working on core pieces of our ML and AI models
- Create data systems to collect, clean, label, and store data used for features
- Train and evaluate machine learning models for search, recommendation, and clinical decision support.
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams on requirements and solutions for ML and AI solutions,
- And of course, you will be coding every day!
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in machine learning
- Ability to write high-quality production code in Python (Kotlin or Java a plus)
- Experience delivering production-level machine learning models in an online setting
- Strong communication skills and ability to generate consensus and buy-in within the team
- A track record of making high return-on-investment decisions in fast-paced environments
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics or causal inference
- Experience working with highly sensitive data in a healthcare environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.