Variable Compensation Manager
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
Lyra Health is looking for a Manager of GTM Variable Compensation who will play a key role in driving Lyra’s (GTM) compensation strategy and program. You will work closely with partners in Finance, Accounting, GTM Operations, Analytics, HR, and other teams to develop and administer a world class GTM compensation program, spanning not just sales, but sales development, customer success, alliances / partners, and business development.
- Strategic Development: Design, develop, and refine variable compensation plans in line with Lyra’s go-to-market strategy to drive sales performance and incentivize desired behaviors.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Work closely with sales leadership, legal, HR, finance, and operations teams to ensure compensation plans are aligned with corporate objectives.
- Plan Administration: Oversee the administration of variable compensation plans, ensuring timely and accurate payments to eligible employees.
- Data Analysis: Regularly analyze sales performance data, market trends, and compensation metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of current compensation plans and recommend modifications as necessary.
- Audit & Compliance: Ensure that all compensation programs are in compliance with company policies and legal requirements, making necessary modifications if any discrepancies or issues arise.
- Dispute Resolution: Address and resolve any compensation-related inquiries or disputes in a timely and professional manner.
- Training & Communication: Conduct regular training sessions and workshops for sales and relevant teams to communicate the nuances of the compensation plans, ensuring clarity and understanding across the organization.
- Technology Integration: Collaborate with IT to ensure seamless integration of compensation plans with CRM, sales performance, and other relevant systems.
- Budget Management: Manage the compensation budget, ensuring optimal allocation of funds and cost-efficiency in payouts.
- 7+ years of experience in variable compensation
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR, or a related field.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, and managing sales or variable compensation programs, preferably within a high growth go-to-market team.
- Analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex sales data, determine trends, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of relevant compliance and legal requirements pertaining to sales compensation.
- Proficiency with software tools related to variable compensation (CaptivateIQ, Salesforce, Tableau and Excel)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Ability to problem-solve and make informed decisions, especially in high-pressure situations.
- An understanding of the broader go-to-market strategy and how compensation drives sales behavior.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.