FULL-TIME | NYC (IN-PERSON)
Moment builds modern capital markets infrastructure for the wealth management space, starting with fixed income. Founded in 2022 by former fixed income quants at leading prop shops, Moment has quickly established itself as the leading fixed income infrastructure provider for global fintechs, traditional brokerages, and RIAs.
Fixed income is the largest asset class in the world, and the market is evolving rapidly. In the past three years, electronic fixed income trading volume has nearly doubled — and in the past 14 months, retail fixed income trading volume has increased by more than 1500%. Despite this rapid growth, the wealth management space has been confined to legacy technology that doesn’t meet their needs anymore. That’s where Moment comes in — in just a matter of weeks, Moment allows customers to easily offer an end-to-end, modern fixed income solution through a simple set of APIs across data, execution, and portfolio management.
Most startups start off serving small businesses, and scale up as they convince larger enterprises to take a bet. Moment’s version of “small businesses” have been firms representing millions of retail investors — and we’re just getting started. We're growing incredibly fast and are backed by world-class investors. In May 2023, we raised a $17M Series A led by a16z with participation from amazing investors including Venrock, Neo, Contrary, and Henry Kravis.
We are looking for a Trading Associate to join our growing and scaling business. This role will be the first hire for this team, reporting directly into one of our Co-Founders. You will be working alongside some of the brightest people in the industry to build the next generation of well-designed, robust, and scalable systems. In this role, you’ll bring scripting experience to assist in the development of trading tools and conduct basic modeling/statistical analyses for our broker-dealer side of the business.
- Work with clients’ trading, execution, and risk teams to assist with operational & product questions, and to help in defining and integrating customer trading products
- Work on development of client-facing applications, such as:
- Trade Blotter
- Risk Management Dashboard
- Order Entry & Booking Tools
- Portfolio Construction & Management Applications
- Work on development of internal trading tools, such as:
- Consolidated views of market data and system trading activity
- Consistent monitoring of trading activity and assistance with trading operations, such as ensuring TRACE reporting is completed properly, driving reconciliation in the case of trading breaks, etc.
- Assist Head of Trading & CCO with Broker-Dealer compliance tasks
- Experience working with trading teams (in either an agency or prop capacity) on day-to-day operations and internal systems development & monitoring
- Experience with fixed income trading operations (understanding of fixed income trading venues & protocols, TRACE reporting, handling trading breaks)
- SIE required
- Preferred: Series 57 and Series 63
Compensation & Benefits
For this role, the salary range is $90,000 to $125,000. Actual compensation will vary based on skills, experience, and which offer each candidate selects.
In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, we provide every employee with:
- Grow into the leader you aspire to be. At a fast-growing company in an expanding industry, you can enjoy unmatched career growth
- Education is encouraged with our company-wide professional development programs and course reimbursements
- Comprehensive wellness package, providing top-notch health, dental, and vision coverage with 100% company reimbursement.
- Competitive compensation, top-notch gym stipends, and generous equity grants
- Unlimited PTO policy that people actually use — on average, people take three weeks off per year
- 401k match to help you save for your future
- Paid lunches in office, every day