Santa Monica, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2023
We’re Need, a global health-tech startup based out of Santa Monica, California building a cancer protection system that enables patients to receive the best possible cancer outcome. We’re backed by Venrock, one of the leading health-tech VCs (early investors in Apple, Lyra Health, and Illumina). Join us on a mission to empower patients worldwide to receive state-of-the-art cancer care.
About The Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter who is able to deal with ambiguity and engineer simple, effective, solutions. As a founding Engineer, you’d have an exciting opportunity to shape our product in collaboration with a cross-functional team working to make the best cancer care accessible for all.
- Work with product team to execute on new features
- Develop visually engaging and accessible applications for mobile, desktop, and tablet devices
- Design and implement new APIs to power our unique platform and products
- Thoughtfully design data models
- Build robust backend services with a focus on correctness, security, and privacy
- Innovative, collaborative, and detail-oriented working style
- Core computer science fundamentals
Nice To Haves:
- Experience at or interest in early-stage startups
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or other technical field of study
- Passion around the healthtech space
Competitive salary and equity compensation with 401K retirement plan
Comprehensive health benefits with 100% premium paid for by Need (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Opportunity for international travel
At Need, we promote inclusivity. We’re committed to hiring from all backgrounds and championing all individuals with the opportunity to excel.