VP of Marketing (Remote - US & Canada)
Nightfall makes safeguarding sensitive data for every application simple and seamless. Organizations, from startups to global brands, trust Nightfall’s software platform and APIs to discover, classify, and protect sensitive data.
As VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and driving Nightfall’s marketing strategy and will lead all aspects of marketing. You will be charged with building a world class marketing function. You are an expert storyteller who can craft the messaging, positioning, and communications to make Nightfall’s platform shine and a data-driven leader who can drive demand across multiple channels and ensure the team is able to maximize the value from our marketing investments. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be a proven leader who has operated at an executive-level and has significant experience building cross-functional relationships. This person will sit on the leadership team and partner closely with the C-Suite and others.
- Develop and implement the marketing strategy at the company by proactively identifying opportunities for innovation, improvement, and growth
- Drive demand across multiple channels; measure effectiveness of our marketing investments and make data-driven recommendations
- Lead the evolution of the Nightfall story and the key role that Data Loss Prevention (DLP) plays in organizational security
- Put the customer first and leverage their feedback and insights to create a holistic, powerful, and sticky customer experience
- Partner cross functionally to prescribe the pre-purchase customer experience
- Define, measure, and manage to quantifiable business, customer, and financial metrics
- Implement innovative technology and automation to create highly personalized, digital engagement models with leads
- Work closely with business leaders across Sales, Customer Success, Partnerships, and Product to ensure that Nightfall’s marketing strategy is supporting revenue-building initiatives globally
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and mentor a high performing team of marketing experts
- A minimum of 15 years of marketing experience at a senior-level; experience at an enterprise SaaS tech company, ideally within cybersecurity
- Experience leading large teams and developing, coaching and mentoring strong leaders
- Track record of building and growing the demand generation function
- Previous experience driving transformation, change management, and scaled and up-leveled processes
- Experience working cross-functionally and globally; ability to build strong relationships
- A human-centered approach and the ability to understand and empathize with the customer and Nightfall’s employees
- Strong and clear communication skills and knows how to address individuals at all levels in a variety of functions
- The ability to have open and productive debates with the team to solve issues, manage projects, and discuss challenges
- The strategic mindset to balance short-term needs with longer-term vision
- Extreme agility and a strong bias towards action (you will need to roll up your sleeves and produce one minute and zoom out and strategize the next)
Nightfall is a cybersecurity startup dedicated to helping organizations secure and manage their sensitive data. As a leading enterprise technology company, our product affects the personal data that people entrust businesses to store & process with care every day. Critical data in modern organizations is often sprayed across a broad set of cloud data silos, and it’s a herculean task for security & compliance teams to monitor, manage, and protect this highly sensitive data. Via machine learning, our product makes it easy for organizations to discover, classify, and protect this sensitive data across their cloud footprint - such as their corporate SaaS, data infrastructure, and even their own apps. In doing so, we prevent data leakage, provide unprecedented data visibility & protection across the cloud, and enable compliance. We’re a technology startup founded in San Francisco, well-funded by leading institutional investors like Bain and Venrock, and a cadre of security & IT leaders from Okta, Salesforce, Atlassian, Splunk, FireEye, and more. Learn more on our website www.nightfall.ai or by reaching out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.