Senior Backend Engineer
Nightfall makes safeguarding sensitive data for every application simple and seamless. Organizations, from startups to global brands, trust Nightfall’s software platform and APIs to discover, classify, and protect sensitive data.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Nightfall, you’ll enable us to deliver our platform reliably, securely, and at massive scale. You’ll help architect low latency, real-time microservices that process & detect sensitive data at scale.
- Building highly-available and secure authentication and API services
- Maintaining and evolving mission-critical internal databases and services
- Optimizing and operating high volume auto-scaling streaming data services
- Instrumenting streaming data services for visibility into utilization per customer
- Writing and maintaining documentation about internal and public services
- Working with product and other stakeholders to define features
- Expertise in one or more systems/high-level programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more.
- Experience running scalable (thousands of RPS) and reliable (three 9’s) systems.
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience in integrating with third party APIs
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, or Zookeeper
- 4+ years of experience
Tools We Use
Nightfall is a cybersecurity startup dedicated to helping organizations secure and manage their sensitive data. As a leading enterprise technology company, our product affects the personal data that people entrust businesses to store & process with care every day. Critical data in modern organizations is often sprayed across a broad set of cloud data silos, and it’s a herculean task for security & compliance teams to monitor, manage, and protect this highly sensitive data. Via machine learning, our product makes it easy for organizations to discover, classify, and protect this sensitive data across their cloud footprint - such as their corporate SaaS, data infrastructure, and even their own apps. In doing so, we prevent data leakage, provide unprecedented data visibility & protection across the cloud, and enable compliance. We’re a technology startup founded in San Francisco, well-funded by leading institutional investors like Bain and Venrock, and a cadre of security & IT leaders from Okta, Salesforce, Atlassian, Splunk, FireEye, and more. Learn more on our website www.nightfall.ai or by reaching out via email at email@example.com.