Nightfall makes safeguarding sensitive data for every application simple and seamless. Organizations, from startups to global brands, trust Nightfall’s software platform and APIs to discover, classify, and protect sensitive data.
As a Backend Engineer at Nightfall, you’ll enable us to deliver our platform reliably, securely, and at a massive scale. You’ll help architect low latency, real-time microservices that process & detect sensitive data at scale.
This is a role in the team that owns data exfiltration prevention on endpoints and requires background in one of the following platforms: MacOS or Windows. Engineers in this team own the design and development of core features on Nightfall’s Data Exfiltration platform. This requires leveraging file & device interfaces and requires in-depth understanding of Operating System internals.
- Designing and developing data exfiltration prevention apps, drivers, system extensions and services on MacOS or Windows.
- Maintaining and evolving mission-critical agents on endpoints.
- Own complex features from design to delivery and troubleshoot issues from customers.
- Designing and building secure software with cross-platform deliverables (Windows, MacOS).
- Writing and maintaining documentation about internal and public services.
- Expertise in one of the following: Objective-C, Swift on MacOS or C/C++ on Windows.
- Demonstrable expertise in developing agents on one of MacOS or Windows.
- On MacOS, practical development experience with Endpoint Security System Extension is required. A plus will be knowledge of IOKit and of MacOS VFS model.
- On Windows, practical development experience with WDF (Windows Driver Frameworks), filter drivers and familiarity with user mode apps is required.
- Readiness to learn other systems languages (e.g. Rust, Go, Python). Prior experience in one of these languages is a definite plus.
- Experience with kernel-level debugging processes and tools. Ability to use reverse engineering techniques and debugging of kernel space code.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and own them end to end across teams.
- Minimum 5+ years of related work experience.
Nightfall is a cybersecurity startup dedicated to helping organizations secure and manage their sensitive data. As a leading enterprise technology company, our product affects the personal data that people entrust businesses to store & process with care every day. Critical data in modern organizations is often sprayed across a broad set of cloud data silos, and it’s a herculean task for security & compliance teams to monitor, manage, and protect this highly sensitive data. Via machine learning, our product makes it easy for organizations to discover, classify, and protect this sensitive data across their cloud footprint - such as their corporate SaaS, data infrastructure, and even their own apps. In doing so, we prevent data leakage, provide unprecedented data visibility & protection across the cloud, and enable compliance. We’re a technology startup founded in San Francisco, well-funded by leading institutional investors like Bain and Venrock, and a cadre of security & IT leaders from Okta, Salesforce, Atlassian, Splunk, FireEye, and more. Learn more on our website www.nightfall.ai or by reaching out via email at email@example.com.