Summer 2024 Intern - Quality Engineer; Data Migration
Summer 2024 Intern – Quality Engineer; Data MigrationApply Location Hartford, Connecticut Date posted 01/18/2024 Job ID R.0044549
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Our interns experience a wide range of opportunities during our 10-week summer internship program. We are looking for candidates who have an interest in the financial services industry and bring with them enthusiasm and passion for working in a fast-paced, growth-centric environment.
Each intern will be paired with a manager, mentor, and executive sponsor for the summer and will present on a summer project at the end of the program. Interns are given opportunities to interact with senior leadership, learn about our various business areas, and network with peers and staff. During the internship, you will develop essential business acumen and engage with virtually all aspects of our business. Our internship program includes professional and personal development training workshops.
Interested candidates should be currently enrolled in a college or university and seeking a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Interns should be planning on attending the fall semester/quarter following the internship. While we prefer candidates interning with us between their junior and senior years, we will consider candidates earlier in their college career depending on their coursework completed and business needs.
- The internship program begins on Tuesday, May 28th and concludes on Friday, August 2nd.
- This is an on-site and in-person internship based in our Hartford, CT office.
- This is a 40-hour-per-week role and is a paid position.
- Hourly wages are between $19.00 and $23.00 based on the level of schooling completed.
What you will do
Our Quality Engineer; Data Migration Intern will build test automation for the data migration projects that convert the data from a given source system processing through centralized AWS cloud services to the formats of the destination system. This will lead to eventually building a regression suite. As an intern at Empower, you will have exposure to learn how your technical skills support business areas and drive business results. Interns work on real projects that make an impact on their teams.
What you will bring
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Available for a 10-week internship from May 28th to August 2nd
- Desire to experience an in-person office environment as part of your internship and ability to work in Hartford, CT
- Interest in learning what it takes to be successful in business, particularly financial services
- Experience with AWS Cloud services (including S3, dynamo DB, step function), Python scripts, Jenkins, Gitlab, Excel Macros, and UFT.
- Understand the testing process and familiarity with scrum tool or a test management tool
- Demonstrate continuous learning of new technologies
- Strong partnership skills with an ability to work collaboratively within a team and develop solid working partnerships with colleagues
- Self-directed and comfortable working independently on an internship project
- Proactively ask questions and seek help in order to successfully achieve goals and objectives while in an autonomous environment
- Approach work with a sense of curiosity
- Work with a customer service mindset and comfortable providing input to achieve goals
- Ability to see the intern project to conclusion
What will set you apart
- Preferred majors include Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant field
- Expected graduation date between December 2024 and May 2025
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time, including CPT/OPT. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we cannot contact each person who submits a resume for consideration. Identifying the right people for the right roles can take time, so we thank you in advance for your patience.
Base Salary Range$43,900.00 - $60,400.00
The salary range above shows the typical minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Equal opportunity employer • Drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
***For remote and hybrid positions you will be required to provide reliable high-speed internet with a wired connection as well as a place in your home to work with limited disruption. You must have reliable connectivity from an internet service provider that is fiber, cable or DSL internet. Other necessary computer equipment, will be provided. You may be required to work in the office if you do not have an adequate home work environment and the required internet connection.***
Job Posting End Date01-24-2024