Software Engineer - Data Products
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
As a Data Engineer on the Data Products team, you will be part of the team responsible for developing and supporting a set of data infrastructure that empowers teams across Salsify to collect, process, and drive impact using their data.
Salsify’s data needs are rapidly growing, with internal users running thousands of complex queries on our data lake every day, scanning petabytes every month across a rapidly growing number of datasets. Engineers on Data Products have an outsized impact across all of Salsify, helping to define the future of the business’ data capabilities that best support existing and future needs.
Our infrastructure helps teams build a better understanding of what's happening in the platform, engage customers using data, and build products and features utilizing the vast amount of data we have to drive more meaningful usage of the product. You will also help build data products that enable our customers to understand how they compare to their competitors, measure the value they've realized from their Salsify investment, and drive urgency around continued program expansion.
We deeply value our engineering culture. We strongly emphasize trust, mentorship and collaboration. We care about building the right thing, the right way, and having fun while we do it. Every member of our team has the freedom and responsibility to make Salsify a great place to work. From architecting and designing to building elegant, scalable software, Salsify empowers our engineers to innovate while solving challenging problems.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Using DataOps principles, improve and expand our data infrastructure, with a focus on observability, reliability, security and quality.
- Work with the Product team to define and build internal and customer-facing data products. You will design, develop and operationalize data pipelines, perform data analysis, and maintain and support these products.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams on data processing projects and data applications, providing guidance on data modeling, data quality, handling large-scale data, data pipelining, and on implementing these projects using our data infrastructure.
- Define processes, engineer interfaces and tools that make it easy for teams and users within Salsify to collect, process, store and consume data.
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid SQL skills; practical knowledge of Python, Java, or Scala.
- 1-2 years of experience on a data or software engineering team.
- Interest in data modeling, analysis of large data sets, data pipelines and orchestration, ETL, data lakes, data warehousing, and data engineering tools and platforms.
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.