Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
We're looking for talented and passionate engineers who want to join our existing, high-performing Enhanced Content team.
We deeply value our engineering culture. We strongly emphasize trust, mentorship, and collaboration. We care about building the right thing, the right way, and having fun while we do it. Every member of our team has the freedom and responsibility to make Salsify a great place to work. From architecting and designing to building elegant, scalable software, Salsify empowers our engineers to innovate while solving exciting problems.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Build and ship production-grade software.
- Set technical direction and help define the technical approach for the work the team takes on.
- Work closely with product, design and engineering management to help define the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with go-to-market teams to launch new functionality.
- Grow as a leader both on the team and within the broader engineering organization with the opportunity to mentor new team members as the team grows.
- Promote new and better approaches to engineering, tooling, and ways to think about problems.
- Participate in tech talks and guilds to exchange ideas and strategies that advance our ability to build quality software.
- Be proud of what you work on, learn from and give back to your team and the broader Salsify community - contribute to the success of an exciting and fast-growing Boston-based company with global customers.
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Experience with server side languages (most of our back-end was built with Ruby).
- Experience building consumer facing applications in a SaaS or product-based company, specializing in front-end or full-stack development.
- Experience with contemporary frameworks, build tools, and testing tools.
- A drive to build scalable and performant applications - you know that just because a query returns the results you need, it may not be the most efficient approach.
- An interest in exchanging ideas around building robust, secure, maintainable software.
- Comfort providing and receiving feedback on implementation ideas.
- Thoughtful opinions about efficient and secure deployment practices.
- Ability to adapt and adjust the priorities according to the context.
- The opportunity is based in Portugal.
What We Have for You:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Multicare)
- Life Plan
- Meal Allowance
- Remote Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.