Platform Engineer (DevOps)
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
As a DevOps Engineer in our Infrastructure team, you will be part of a team whose mission is to provide Salsify with the infrastructure, services and tools necessary to efficiently scale the platform and support the growth of the engineering organization. Working closely with the other software engineering teams you will focus on all phases from design to development to maintenance. You will solve complex business and scalability problems and work with the rest of the software engineering team on the direction of the platform.
We deeply value our engineering culture. We strongly emphasize trust, mentorship and collaboration. We care about building the right thing, the right way, and having fun while we do it. Every member of our team has the freedom and responsibility to make Salsify a great place to work. From architecting and designing to building elegant, scalable software, Salsify empowers our engineers to innovate while solving challenging problems.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Develop infrastructure automation and management solutions with a keen focus on scalability, observability, automation, reliability, security, and quality environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain solutions that empower engineering to deliver the best software possible while using the infrastructure efficiently and securely.
- Deliver internal infrastructure services such as monitoring, logging and alerting to internal users.
- Expand and enhance our Kubernetes based application environment.
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure Management systems such as Terraform.
- Practical and demonstrable skill writing testable, maintainable software with a programming language such as Python, Ruby or Go.
- Deep knowledge of core Cloud Hosting concepts such as IAM, DNS, Networking, Storage, etc.
- Deep experience with at least one Cloud Hosting platform (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with container based runtimes and orchestration such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts.
- Experience with the GitOps and Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Experience working as part of a distributed team
- Excellent written communication skills.
What We Have for You:
Lisbon Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Multicare)
- Life Plan
- Meal Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.