Sr. Business Analyst, CX Reporting
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
At Salsify, data and process are critical to driving our business. The Senior Business Analyst will partner closely with the CS & Services teams to leverage the right data to optimize insights and productivity across the organization. In this role, you will blend strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to deliver solutions that meet business needs, drive efficiency, and fuel the growth and the scalability of the company.
With a focus on operational excellence, analytical and quantitative thinking, you will work with the Customer Success & Services teams to develop key processes that drive optimization across the funnel and throughout a customer's lifecycle. The Senior Analyst candidate should have a deep desire to understand the “whys” of the data, an innate curiosity and ability to problem solve, and a solutions-oriented approach that drives positive outcomes.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Manage Operational Cadence: Build analytics and dashboards and facilitate presentation and review of customer success performance metrics on weekly/monthly/quarterly cadences. Serve as the quarterback for functional operations, enabling a single-source-of-truth with KPIs and partnering with leaders to understand and action on trends.
- Analyze and Surface Insights: Monitor analytics and provide actionable insights and recommendations that drive performance improvements in Customer Success and Professional Services. Use SQL and Excel experience to drive a deep understanding of customer health based on usage data, renewal dollars and churn analysis; Develop a regular cadence of predictive analytics.
- Ensure Data Quality: Implement regular data, governance and hygiene/quality processes for support. Proactively monitor and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner on Strategic Projects: Collaborate with cross-functional teams on data-centric initiatives, and act as a thought leader/partner in driving improvements across the business based on data-driven insights. Assist with business plan frameworks, including weekly forecasting, QBRs, ad hoc reporting and performance analysis.
- Build Scalable Operations: Drive efficiencies in existing processes and innovative ways of managing run-rate operations. Recommend reporting optimizations & recommendations to remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies in day to day work of the team. Assist in shifting the team towards self service. Create and maintain documentation in order for departmental team members to understand data and reporting.
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- 5+ years SaaS business operations and analytics experience, or directly relevant experience.
- Proven ability to interpret analysis and provide actionable insights and recommendations beyond the initial delivery of the data.
- Strong proficiency in Salesforce, SQL and Excel/Google Sheets.
- Proficiency in Gainsight, Kimble, Domo, and Data Warehousing experience is not required, but it is preferred.
- Able to serve as a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders and teams.
- Highly organized and accountable; Able to develop, manage, and communicate status of projects across teams in support of a common goal.
- Incredible tenacity, passion, and an innate sense of curiosity.
- Extremely strong intrapersonal skills: Must be sharp, energetic, assertive and results-oriented.
- Stakeholder empathy: Demonstrated ability to collect stakeholder feedback, deeply understand their pain points, and meet them on their level to drive solutions.
- Passionate about solving unmet needs of department leaders and delivering projects that they love using to accomplish their goals.
- Reports to the Director of Customer Operations
- Business partner to CS & Services -- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with managers and department support personnel
What We Have for You:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Multicare)
- Life Plan
- Meal Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.