Senior Pricing and Packaging Manager
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
Salsify is seeking an experienced SaaS Pricing and Packaging Director to lead the Pricing and Packaging function. This role will drive the Pricing and Packaging strategy for all Salsify products and services, including partner-built products and services. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working cross-functionally with a variety of teams and have a passion for data analysis, financial modeling, and commercial strategy. In this role, you will need to be data-driven, be able to balance a variety of opinions, be customer-focused, and have the ability to work independently. Strong candidates will have a proven track record in delivering successful Pricing and Packaging strategies for enterprise software products and have delivered these strategies in a fast-paced business environment.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Identify and understand how customers perceive the value of Salsify-built and partner-built products and services through market research, including market segmentation, market size, competitive pricing, and willingness to pay
- Create and refine pricing models, value metrics, and product packaging that is aligned to customers’ willingness to pay while preserving profitability
- Get executive buy-in and alignment around new pricing and packaging strategies
- Ensure successful pricing and packaging implementation by creating sales enablement materials such as presentations, FAQs, calculators, etc. and conducting internal and partner training around how to effectively communicate the value proposition of any pricing and packaging changes
- Lead pricing and packaging creation for all new products and services
- Coordinate between Product, Product Marketing, Business Operations, Finance, IT, and Legal to create and operationalize new SKUs, manage existing SKUs, and retire deprecated SKUs
- Leverage the work coming out of the Market Intelligence COE to monitor market dynamics, gather competitive pricing intelligence and highlight competitive or commoditization risks so you can develop counter strategies to maintain the value of our products and services
- Participate in the deal monitoring and exceptions approval process, with a focus on being a steward for preserving the value of our products and services
- Advise on pricing strategy and deal structure for complex or strategic deals
- In conjunction with Product Marketing, Product, and Sales, plan, develop, and implement paid trials, pilots, and promotional pricing campaigns
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- Strong background in pricing strategy and proven track record of designing successful pricing models in previous roles
- Data-driven strategic thinker and problem solver with strong analytical skills to frame and guide analytical workstreams
- Strong executive communication, presentation, and data-driven storytelling skills, with the ability to turn data into clear, compelling, and actionable pricing strategies
- Excellent research skills, including the ability to conduct internal, customer, and market research to gather valuable insights
- Highly collaborative team player with a demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally, not afraid to push back on other teams to preserve overall value
- High attention to detail, excellent time management, ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, can adjust pricing strategies as market conditions, products, and customer perceptions evolve
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ a plus
What We Have for You:
US Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- 401 (k)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability as well as additional voluntary insurance elections
- FSA: Medical, Commuter, and Dependent Care
- HSA: Tax-advantaged Medical Savings Account
- 16 Week Paid Maternity & 10 Week Paid Parental Leave Program
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.