Technical Product Marketing - Senior Manager
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
Based in the Lisbon
Salsify is seeking a technical product marketing manager to own the foundational enablement materials for our technical influencers and decision-makers. A critical requirement for success in the role will be developing a deep understanding and empathy for our diverse technical audiences, their challenges, the ecosystems that they work in, and how Salsify can fit into their ecosystem to solve their challenges in differentiated and low-risk ways. You’ll work cross-functionally across our Product, Sales Engineering, Product Market Strategy, Sales Enablement, and Revenue Marketing teams to build and advance the market narrative of why Salsify is the best technical solution for winning on the digital shelf.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Develop the foundational product and solution enablement materials that will enable internal teams to create demand generation and other customer-facing materials for both technical and business decision-makers
- Create and maintain the positioning, messaging, differentiation, and ROI articulation for our platform and products, in conjunction with Product, Sales Engineers, and Product Market Strategy
- Create and maintain the audience segmentation and persona definition for our technical influencers and decision-makers to guide marketing strategies
- Create and maintain competitive enablement materials, in conjunction with Market Intelligence
- Create and maintain the customer-facing slide library for our platform and products to enable go-to-market teams to develop compelling presentations for both technical and business decision-makers
- Identify the value propositions, industries, etc. that we want to have technical case studies for, and work with Corporate Marketing to source and develop these case studies
- Identify the scenarios we want to have technical implementation best practices documentation for, and work with Product and Sales Engineering to develop these best practices
- Create customer-facing materials to explain and highlight technical benefits, including reference enterprise architecture diagrams, reference customer data architecture diagrams, tech stack illustrations, and integration architecture diagrams, in conjunction with Product and Sales Engineering
- Update or create new materials as needed for new product launches and feature releases
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- 4+ years experience in a technical product marketing role for an enterprise software company with technical buyers
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent ability to translate deep technical features into business benefits and value propositions, including ROI calculations and financial outcomes for our customers.
- Outstanding written communication skills including developing internal and external assets of various lengths and technical depth, and comfortable with presenting and engaging with internal and external stakeholders, executive level, and C-Suite
- A data-driven mindset, comfortable with analyzing data to come up with insights, ability to clearly and concisely communicate those insights
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative team player with the ability to organize, communicate and drive forward projects across cross-functional teams spanning sales, customer success, marketing, and other departments
- Lots of initiative, ability to operate independently, self-starter
What We Have for You:
Portugal Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Multicare)
- Life Plan
- Meal Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.