Accounts Payable Accountant
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
Salsify is looking for an AP Accountant to join our accounting team in Portugal. This position is responsible for supervising, monitoring, and evaluating accounts payable and procurement operations for Salsify. A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with an interest in developing and continually improving processes and controls in a dynamic and growth-oriented company. The AP Accountant will have responsibility over all aspects of the accounts payable process, including invoice processing, expense processing, procurement/vendor contract processes, and associated reconciliations. In addition, the AP Accountant will play a critical role in the design and rollout of new systems and tools to streamline processes and procedures as needed.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of accounts payable, review for the proper coding of invoices and employee expense reports to the general ledger, and ensure timely payment of associated transactions
- Manage the global accounts payable and employee expense reimbursement tools
- Ensure proper self-assessment of use tax on purchases and maintain proper recordkeeping for periodic audits
- Maintain vendor data and the preparation of 1099 tax filings (US)
- Document accounts payable processes and controls, implement improvements, and drive automation initiatives
- Support the accounting team with year-end audit requests
- Work cross-functionally with the finance team to ensure completeness and accuracy of both accounts payable and employee expense reporting
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of accounts payable experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees and vendors
- Excellent understanding of Accounts Payable and Procure to Pay processes and best practices
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience with NetSuite/Coupa or other ERP and Procure to Pay tools
- Experience with expense reimbursement processing a plus
What we have for you:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Multicare)
- Life Plan
- Meal Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
- Remote friendly policy
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.