Business Systems Technical Program Manager
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique and exciting time at Salsify to join our Business Technology team (BizTech) as a Technical Program Manager (TPgM). We are enabling the success of Salsify business operations through development of our business systems. You will partner across BizTech leaders to guide transformational initiatives involving CRM, Financial, IT, and Information Security related technologies and programs. Our customers are our fellow Salsify employees, and we are passionate about providing them with outstanding service. You also will work with them to align on priorities, plans, and delivery expectations.
You will be a valued collaborator and leader as we continue to refine our technical delivery, agile development practices, and overall program management function across the BizTech team. The TPgM will facilitate the agile framework and rally the team towards their goals, focused on customer value. You will surface empirical data to guide the team’s decision making, commitments and roadmap. Technical Program Managers will raise issues, remove roadblocks, and actively seek opportunities to serve and enable both the team and their business partners. You also will ensure that Salsify has a consolidated roadmap and a strategy for fulfilling business demands today and for the future.
WHO YOU ARE
- A self-starter. You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, and then work entrepreneurially to get it done
- Understand how to navigate sophisticated business and interpersonal issues in a fast-paced environment; you see problems as opportunities
- An excellent facilitator, outstanding communicator, skilled listener, effective influencer, and understand team dynamics
- Have excellent written communication skills and can collect and transform product needs into requirements and users-stories
- Data driven and collect and analyze data to advise team decisions
- Passion for product strategy, agile principles, methods, and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, etc; you are able to apply Agile principles to adapt the agile frameworks appropriately to meet the needs of the organization
- Bring people together to build alignment rather than being a communication go between
- Understand servant leadership and can lead and empower without formal authority
- Strive to learn new things and continuous self improvement
- Have a sense of humor, confidence, and humility
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Lead multi-functional teams to deliver valuable outcomes through the management of key projects and initiatives from beginning to end
- Partner with business leaders to translate their business priorities into technical solutions, drive simplification and alignment across stakeholders
- Assist in driving conversations based on value streams, and process management including Lead-to-Quote, Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, and Record-to-Report
- Understand product strategy and key business objectives; ensure the team has a shared purpose, understanding, and urgency to deliver against these objectives
- Develop roadmaps and adaptive plans to continually identify critical path, dependencies, risks, and unknowns; ensure progress is clear and transparent to leadership
- Actively drive the development life cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support
- Lead all aspects of agile ceremonies and ensure the teams are getting into a good rhythm and state of flow; ensure the ceremonies are effective, the artifacts are healthy, and guide the teams to work together successfully
- Guide the team in agile estimation and forecasting; track progress towards “working software” using empirical data while helping the team inspect and adapt to deliver high quality, well-tested solutions that meet/exceed the project timelines and objectives
- Actively identify areas of improvement; apply systems thinking and lean principles to streamline efficiency and value delivery
- Surface information that will allow the teams to make good strategic decisions and tradeoffs
- Promote a collaborative environment where problems can be raised without fear and team members engage in healthy debate and problem solving
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining Roadmaps
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- 5+ years of Program Management experience in a SaaS or technology organization
- Must have experience in working with IT type teams and in the implementation/deployment of cloud based applications such as Salesforce, NetSuite, and Workday.
- Proven track record as a Technical Program Manager with experience in business systems
- Agile, Scrum, and/or Project Management certifications; you can demonstrate knowledge and strengths of both agile methodologies and traditional project management practices
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.