Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique and exciting time at Salsify to join our Business Technology team (BizTech) as Data Engineer supporting our Data & Analytics function. We are enabling the success of our Salsify business operations by creating an architecture to support data driven decision making and self-service data consumption through modern data and analytics tools. You will partner with leaders across the business to guide transformational initiatives related to data and analytics technologies, systems, and programs including a data warehouse, ETL/ELT layers, a data modeling layer, and the consumption of data through modern BI Tools. This is a great opportunity to assist in the buildout and adoption of a modern data architecture. A preferred candidate will have experience using DOMO, Snowflake, dbt, Fivetran, or other similar technologies. Our customers are our fellow Salsify employees, and we are passionate about providing them with outstanding service. You also will work with them to align on priorities, plans, and delivery expectations.
You will be a valued collaborator as we continue to build our technical delivery, agile development practices, and overall support function for all things data across the company. You’re a strong individual contributor responsible for delivering customer value and surfacing empirical data to guide the decision making, commitments and roadmap. Critical thinking and awareness to raise issues, remove roadblocks, and actively seek opportunities to serve and enable growth and understanding with our business partners. You also will align to a consolidated roadmap and strategy for fulfilling business demands today and for the future.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Work with data from start to finish - connect with data sources, transform the data, assist the business in building data models and dashboards
- Monitor and support the execution of data pipelines
- Implement and support the governance model for managing our data strategy
- Work with key stakeholders within the organization to develop requirements and implement solutions
- Document processes and procedures
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- 2-4 year of relevant data experience (Data Engineer, Data Analyst)
- Experience connecting to and working with SOAP/REST APIs, databases (SQL), flat files (JSON, XML, CSV, Parquet, etc.) and transforming data from one type to another
- Experience monitoring data pipelines and troubleshooting issues
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language; will serve as an interface between the business and the systems we use
- Ability to prioritize incoming requests and communicate well with stakeholders
- Is self-motivated and able to manage one’s own work to get projects over the finish line
- Has a keen eye for details
A Stand-Out Candidate Will Also Have:
- Experience in building dashboards using Tableau, Looker, PowerBI or similar technology
- Familiarity with CRM and ERP applications is a plus
- Have experience working on an agile development team
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
What We Have for You:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Multicare)
- Life Plan
- Meal Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
This is a remote -friendly role but we do require that someone be based in Portugal.
Please submit all resumes in English.
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.