Manager, Support Engineering (French-speaking)
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an expert technical support leader with a passion for SaaS platforms, developing others, building efficient and effective teams, and finding new ways to surpass our commitments to our customers.
Our support team is key in ensuring customers achieve success using Salsify. We are their voice as we strive to continually improve our product, support, and role as trusted advisors within the e-commerce industry.
By motivating and mentoring a technically savvy customer-centric team, you will ensure we deliver on our promise of outstanding and responsive support.
This role leads the daily operations of a remote team of Support Engineers primarily based in Europe and the US. The support team for Salsify SupplierXM is responsible for providing omnichannel support in French and English to retailers, distributors, and suppliers. As part of the global support organization, your team will be responsible for working collaboratively and closely together to resolve customer issues as quickly as possible. By focusing on specific Salsify features and platform (SupplierXM), this group will continually develop Subject Matter Experts across the globe through swarming, knowledge creation and partnerships with R&D.
You’ll be part of the leadership team driving the global organization to the next level while ensuring the team is set up for success, scalability, and development.
How you'll make an impact:
- Day-to-day front line management of a team delivering best-in-class technical support to our users, partners, and internal teams
- Manage team and individual performance by ensuring clarity on roles, responsibilities, and expectations. Analyze team and individual performance and efficiency; identify knowledge gaps and coaching opportunities
- Confidently own customer feedback, frustrations, and account-level escalations; acts as an escalation point for team members and represents support in various situations especially in relation to your team’s feature area
- Through real-time coaching, 1:1s, and goal setting, ensure that the team has the training, mentoring, and tools vital to improving customers’ experience, being effective problem solvers, developing new technical skills, and continuing their own professional growth
- Take the lead on initiatives related not just to your team, but the wider support team - seek out and implement new opportunities to foster the maturity of the Support team with a focus on scalability and predictability
- Participate in strategic planning discussions to drive toward goal achievement, customer satisfaction, and employee retention and development
- Create partnerships with h our Customer Success, Operations, and R&D teams to improve processes, the platform, and customer experience
- Engage in recruiting efforts for both your team and the broader organization; Take an active role in recruiting and hiring for team; familiar with capacity modeling and works collaboratively on understanding upcoming capacity needs, skill gaps
You'll enjoy this role if you have:
- You are fluent (spoken and written) in English and French and comfortable addressing customer issues and escalations in either language
- 2+ years of people management experience for technical support teams; past experience with global teams providing omnichannel support strongly preferred
- An understanding of the importance to be and remain technical as a leader and a desire to learn the building blocks of the platform; The technical capability and discernment to be a point of contact for critical issues and escalations
- Passion for creating operational efficiency through process creation and radical ownership of the team and projects
- Experience and comfort with incident management, post mortems, root cause analysis, and managing an on-call rotation
- Strong working knowledge of common support tooling - such as Salesforce ServiceCloud, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Creativity and resourcefulness when problem-solving and approaching ambiguous situations
- Ability to build trust and relationships across levels and the organization. When working on common projects or issues, able to understand the needs of other groups and work together to find the best solution.
- Experience working with brands, retailers, and distributors across the e-commerce industry; GS1 experience preferred
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.