Solutions Engineer (French-Speaking)
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
As a Solutions Engineer, you will utilise your strong engineering background to envision, design, build, communicate and ultimately deliver solutions that solve our customer's problems.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Design and develop a wide range of valuable custom integration solutions that extend the Salsify platform for our strategic customers. Solutions include supporting and building customer-specific integrations (imports/exports via e.g. API, sFTP, GDSN, sheets) from/to ERP, MDM, or PIM systems, as well as custom tooling to extend and optimise Salsify’s core SupplierXM platform.
- Partner with Project Managers to deliver projects accurately, timely, on budget and with a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicate project updates to both internal and external team members.
- Collaborate with other Services colleagues in the pre-sales phase to help define and scope proposed solution engineering work.
- Consult and provide proven solutions for executing technical customer projects.
- Provide voice of the customer feedback to Product and Engineering in support of continuous improvement of the product.
- Identify and implement updates to custom built integrations and solutions as new product releases provide replacement out-of-the-box capabilities.
- Understand Salsify technologies deeply including Web Services APIs, database integration patterns, and data modelling.
- Knowledge of XML-based EDI/GDSN communication is a nice-to-have.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Customer Success, Product, Engineering and other Services teams.
- 4+ years proven experience in a professional software engineering / solutions engineering role. BSc with a technical focus, Computer Science preferred.
- Experience building applications or integrations in a SaaS company, specialising in back-end development.
- A command of at least one server-side language (Python preferred).
- Experience with modern build, testing tools and Agile & Scrum methodology.
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Ability to articulate technical resolutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Curious, enjoy learning and tackling new challenges.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a growing and evolving industry and product.
What We Have for You:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Multicare)
- Life Plan
- Meal Allowance
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.