Retail Success Manager
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
About the Opportunity
Salsify is looking for an experienced, driven customer success manager to drive a robust account strategy with some of the largest retailers in the US. This is a key strategic position with high visibility across the company and with the executive team.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Manage the business relationship between Salsify & a named set of Retail customers
- Create and manage an account success plan that is managed jointly across the customer stakeholders and internal stakeholders.
- Grow close relationships with executives and key stakeholders within named accounts, including product management, assortment growth, and content strategy teams to (a) optimize and grow the presence of existing capabilities (b) ensure we have clear communication and escalation paths, and (c) have visibility and influence on roadmaps.
- Be a subject matter expert on the account within Salsify and serve as a resource for customer escalations.
- “Walk the halls.” Become essential to their employees and grow Salsify’s brand recognition and regard with their employee base.
- Drive brand adoption by negotiating joint marketing campaigns that help the retailer expand its merchandising programs and raise awareness of Salsify solutions.
- Partner with Salsify’s product marketing team on enablement for Salsify’s go-to-market teams.
- Advocate for Salsify brands within a retailer to ensure that brand content is leveraged to its fullest capacity on the retailer’s family of websites.
- Create new opportunities for brands to improve the retailer’s eCommerce experience through richer interactions powered by Salsify.
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- A wealth of experience in driving ROI-focused customer success programs with complex organizations
- You are comfortable networking with multiple senior stakeholders across the organization to help develop and execute work that helps achieve business-critical goals and objectives
- Worked with Retailers before, either as an employee, as a technology vendor, or as a supplier is a great plus
- 5+ years experience in customer-facing, problem-solving positions in fast-paced companies. High tech is preferred, though competitive suppliers or agencies are also valuable.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; leverage experience in business and/or retail and develop a plan to drive program adoption, awareness, and advocacy of leadership
- A “people person”: you are enthusiastic and energized by spending your day interacting with many different people.
- High Emotional Intelligence and the ability to communicate effectively with many different types of people.
- Experience in client services, client success, business development, or solutions engineering.
- Experience navigating large, complex Fortune 1000 companies.
- Extremely effective written, verbal, and presentation communication.
- Driven, ambitious, and optimistic. Never give up. Ability to continue trying despite multiple false starts.
- Creative and entrepreneurial in your approach to your work
- Highly organized. Strong project or program management experience.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses and industries, and you can quickly grasp and make effective use of industry- and company-specific terminology
- Competitive Salary
- 401 (k)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability as well as additional voluntary insurance elections
- FSA: Medical, Commuter, and Dependent Care
- HSA: Tax-advantaged Medical Savings Account
- 16 Week Paid Maternity & 10 Week Paid Parental Leave Program
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.