Flight Test Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
FLIGHT TEST ENGINEER - CAMARILLO, CA
We are developing the most advanced flight control and automation technology in the world. The only way to finally prove and improve the technology is through continuous flight test. In this role, you will be developing creative flight test plans and cards while ensuring safety of flight. You will frequently sit next to our chief pilot and operate the flight instrumentation, which may be designed by yourself, to flawlessly execute the test cards.
- Develop and maintain developmental and certification flight test plans, flight test cards and test reports for company advanced R&D, marketing survey flight and FAA certification
- Work closely with company Chief Test Pilot, FAA Pilot DER and FAA Pilots to support all the flight test campaigns
- Evaluate and select the flight instrumentation and telemetry systems, develop Go/NoGo parameters and conduct post-flight data analysis; collaborate with the aircraft integration team to ensure instrumentation is safe for flight
- Support flight squawks creation and lifecycle ensuring proper documentation and closure
- Plan, organize, and lead data collection ground tests to support flight test campaigns
- Work with technical leads and department heads to build and manage HIL/SIL and equipment labs
- Support the execution of successful flight operations by communicating, setting test priorities and communicating them effectively
- Perform various manual tasks including installing and replacing test equipment and test systems
- Run flight test planning, flight readiness reviews, flight briefs/debriefs and post flight analysis
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company and FAA procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s of Science in aerospace engineering, systems engineering or other engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience creating rotorcraft or fixed wing aircraft flight test plans and test cards
- Experience working with flight test and Safety Management Systems
- Masters or PhD degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering or other aerospace related field
- 5+ years experience as a Flight Test Engineer for civil or military aircraft with rotorcraft development preferred
- Rotorcraft or fixed wing pilot license and have more than 500 flight hours
- Significant experience writing flight test plans as part of a FAA certification program and generating reports from analyzed flight test data
- Experience leading Pre and post flight briefing/debriefing
- Previous experience in rotorcraft helicopter flight characteristics and Flight testing techniques
- Knowledge of relevant aviation regulations and logistics including general aviation aircraft alterations and maintenance, radio communication procedures, and flight planning
- Excellent understanding of both flight dynamic and operations
- Proficient in analyzing and plotting flight test data using Matlab or similar tools and then generate appropriate formal report
- Good understanding of most common flight instrumentation and Safety of Flight workflow
- Can-do attitude to create something from scratch
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $140,000 - $160,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.