Model Based Design Software V&V Engineer
Skyryse is developing FlightOS, the world's first universal flight deck and operating system. FlightOS unlocks safer, more capable, and easier to fly aircraft (eVTOLs, helicopters, fixed-wings, etc.). Our mission at Skyryse is to make air transportation as safe as the elevator and as accessible as the car.
VALIDATION & VERIFICATION ENGINEER - EL SEGUNDO, CA
As a V&V Engineer, you are responsible for the testing and quality assurance of our FlightOS system. You will create, execute and review tests at the high level software requirements level and at the low level software requirements level. In addition, you will be responsible for performing reviews of the high and low level requirements, design and code using checklists. The ideal candidate will be familiar with ARP 4754A, DO178C, DO 331, and DO 330 requirements.
- Develop and maintain the software certification plans and artifacts
- Create and execute test cases, test procedures, and test scripts to validate flight control system requirements and verify system behavior under various operating conditions
- Code and Test vector generation and testing using MathWorks tools set per DO-331 requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design engineers, systems engineers, and test engineers, to identify and resolve issues related to flight control system performance and functionality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years experience in software engineering in certification of software and systems
- Experience in developing software test and verification documents
- Master of Science degree in electrical, computer science, mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- Experience with certification of software, systems, and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- Experience in developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as software certification plans, compliance reports, and etc.
- Working experience in DO-178C and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience in verifying and certifying Fly-by-wire operational flight software using model based development conforming DO-331
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.