Embedded Software Verification Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SOFTWARE VERIFICATION ENGINEER - EL SEGUNDO, CA
In this role, you will be responsible for both the verification and validation of the Fly-By-Wire software adhering to DO-178 standards. You will design and review requirement-based tests to verify the software per DO-178C. You will assist in the development of certifiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes for the new Urban Commercial Aviation industry.
- Write, review, and approve system and software requirements and design documents.
- Write and review requirement-based test cases and procedures to verify embedded flight software per DO-178C objectives.
- Work with the Designated Engineering Representative (DER) and systems engineers for successful completion of SOI audits.
- Design and develop software for flight automation working with system engineers and system architects leading to certification.
- Support the development of test drivers in Python.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional working experience
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- Experience in software requirement development and requirement-based test development
- Experience with RTOS
- Experience with certification of software, systems and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- Experience in design, develop, verify and certify Fly-by-wire operational flight software using model based development conforming to DO-331
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO Policy
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.