Skyryse is developing FlightOS, the world's first universal flight deck and operating system. FlightOS unlocks safer, more capable, and easier to fly aircraft (eVTOLs, helicopters, fixed-wings, etc.). Our mission at Skyryse is to make air transportation as safe as the elevator and as accessible as the car.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER - EL SEGUNDO, CA
To support Skyryse missions, any systems, components, software or technology must be developed with the most rigorous processes to ensure they are certifiable by regulatory agencies and are safe to operate. In this role, you are empowered to change that perception and oversee the technology development. You will lead the development of certifiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes for the new Urban Commercial Aviation industry.
- Responsible for defining system requirements, performing system integration, developing system test cases and procedures, and reviewing test reports and artifacts
- Coordinate the architecture and development of the systems/ subsystems for a certifiable autonomous flight control system
- Perform system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and analysis of total systems
- Develop detailed system design including defining system and state logic, as well as designing safety monitors and algorithms
- Work with the multifunctional teams to implement the architecture strategy
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in any engineering discipline
- Knowledge in FAR Part 23/25/27/29, ARP 4761/4754A, DO-178/254/160 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as Issue Papers, Certification Plans, Design Compliance Reports, etc.
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- Masters or PhD degree in Aerospace engineering or other related disciploine
- 10+ years experience of STC/TC certification project or FAA ACO working experience
- Understanding of aircraft/vehicle quality assurance and management principles and processes
- Excellent communication/coaching skills
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $150,000 - $175,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.