Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Software QA Engineer - EL SEGUNDO, CA
As a Software QA Engineer you will help our team of highly-motivated Software Engineers to create a culture of compliance and first-time quality throughout the software lifecycle. As a member of this team, you have the autonomy and responsibility to work with programs to help maintain compliance to processes and standards, ultimately reducing program risk and improving the quality of our software products. You will ensure that our team can move with agility to help deliver compliant and safe systems as well as support the development of certifiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes.
- Actively participates in program activities, from initial proposal and planning to verification/certification and delivery. This includes the development of the SQA Plan.
- Verifies software lifecycle activities and products comply with approved software processes, plans, and standards
- Performs DO-178 based Software Conformity Reviews and supports other program milestone reviews
- Identifies process or product non-compliances; supports root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions and other defect investigation/prevention activities
- Acts as an independent set of eyes and ears for senior management and customers, highlighting potential best practices on the team, as well as areas for improvement
- Supports the identification and analysis of program/project software quality metrics to improve software quality and manage risk
- Mentors less experienced engineers in Software Quality Assurance best practices and requirements.
- 5+ years' experience with the software development lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, code, integration & test)
- Software quality assurance / software quality engineering experience
- Knowledge of AS9100 and DO-178 requirements
- Experience with DO-178C Level A and AS9100
- Experience with building and delivering safety critical systems
- Hands-on experience as a software developer or software test engineer
- Involvement with products developed using Agile software development practices
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Microsoft Office and other QA tools
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
Salary Range: $110,000-$160,000
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.