Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
CERTIFICATION ENGINEER - EL SEGUNDO, CA
The Certification Engineer will report to the VP of Certification and work alongside Engineering, System Safety, Quality, the FAA, DARs, and DERs to ensure successful acquisition of our product's Supplemental Type Certificate and development of processes and procedures in support of ODA receipt. This is a full-time onsite opportunity based out of El Segundo, California.
- Integrate activities between internal stakeholders and regulatory agencies in support of supplemental type certificate acquisition.
- Help educate engineers and other Skyryse personnel on compliance requirements.
- Help develop and implement processes and procedures necessary to execute certification programs, including support for ODA development.
- Facilitate meetings between internal stakeholders and regulatory agencies, including capture, tracking, and closeout of actions.
- Coordinate execution of conformity and testing activities with DERs, DARs, and FAA.
- Experience supporting Type Certificate / Supplemental Type Certification programs with the FAA and other regulatory authorities.
- You have earned an engineering degree in an applicable field or demonstrated experience in a technical aerospace environment in lieu.
- You have strong communication skills and technical competency and can communicate well with stakeholders including regulatory authorities.
- Systems & Equipment, SW/AEH, Flight Controls, or DAR experience.
- Part 27 or Part 23 certification experience.
- Experience as an FAA delegate.
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Full-time employees are eligible for 20 days of paid time off (PTO) and 5 sick days annually. PTO and sick days must be used in accordance with Company policy.
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.