Flight Test Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
FLIGHT TEST ENGINEER - VENTURA COUNTY, CA
We are developing the most advanced flight control and automation technology in the world. The only way to finally prove and improve the technology is through continuous flight test. In this role, you will be developing creative flight test plans and cards while ensuring safety of flight. You will frequently sit next to our chief pilot and operate the flight instrumentation, which may be designed by yourself, to flawlessly execute the test cards.
- Evaluate and select the flight instrumentation and telemetry systems, develop Go/NoGo parameters and conduct post-flight data analysis; collaborate with the aircraft integration team to ensure instrumentation is safe for flight
- Support flight squawks creation and lifecycle ensuring proper documentation and closure
- Plan, organize, and lead data collection ground tests to support flight test campaigns
- Support the execution of successful flight operations by communicating, setting test priorities and communicating them effectively
- Run flight test planning, flight readiness reviews, flight briefs/debriefs and post flight analysis using MATLAB / Simulink
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established company procedures
- Aid in the development and maintenance of certification flight test plan
- Work closely with GNC and Flight Test teams to support test campaigns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s of Science in aerospace engineering, systems engineering or other engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional working experience
- Masters or PhD degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering or other aerospace related field
- Experience working with flight test and Safety Management Systems
- Experience writing flight test plans as part of a FAA certification program and generating reports from analyzed flight test data
- Proficient in analyzing and plotting flight test data using Matlab or similar tools and then generate appropriate formal report
- Understanding of flight instrumentation and signal processing techniques
- Passion for aviation and flight testing
- Previous experience working with handling qualities rating scale (HQRS)
- Previous experience in rotorcraft helicopter flight characteristics and flight testing techniques
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary: $90,000 - $140,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Full-time employees are eligible for 20 days of paid time off (PTO) and 5 sick days annually. PTO and sick days must be used in accordance with Company policy.
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.