Team Lead, Language Services
Smartling was founded 14 years ago to make localization and translation seamless. Today, Smartling is profitable and backed by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm, supporting company growth and expanding our market share and leadership position. We are the only cloud-based, AI-enabled translation platform that combines a Neural Machine Translation Hub and professional language services empowering teams to collaborate in real-time to create experiences customers love.
Smartling is seeking a Team Lead - Language Services, for a remote position, based in the continental US, to join our growing Language Services team. We are looking for a true go-getter to own the critical task of delivering high quality language services for our customers. In return, we offer competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, a clear career path, and the unique opportunity to be a part of a high-growth company that is changing the world.
As a Team Lead, you will be primarily responsible for leading a team of Language Services Project Managers. You’ll develop and lead a high performing team that delivers exceptional service to our customers. You’ll also have the opportunity to work directly with some of our best customers, as well as support key programs at Smartling and collaborate with other teams in the process. You’ll leverage your project management expertise, along with strong relationship management skills, to help your team execute at a high level. You’ll also support Language Services Project Managers by leading 1:1’s, leveraging insights from data, and maintaining a positive high-performing culture.
- Lead a team of Language Services Project Managers
- Be responsible for meeting your KPIs by in part ensuring Language Services Project Managers meet their KPIs
- Be directly responsible for large enterprise customers, consulting with their team on solutions, and managing their day-to-day service needs
- Use data driven insights to improve service quality, processes, and team performance
- Provide support to key Smartling programs
- Act as mentor and coach to junior team members
- Be a champion for our customers - responsive, constructive, empathetic
- Foster close relationships with linguists
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Customer Success, and other teams at Smartling
- 5+ years of localization project management experience
- 2 + years of experience managing/mentoring a team of direct reports
- Direct customer-facing experience managing relationships with enterprise localization clients
- The ability to use data to make decisions that will improve key business metrics
- The ability to be entrepreneurial, persistent, and positive in the face of challenges
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A high degree of comfort with/ ability to quickly pick up cloud-based software
- Fluency in English
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
- Adaptable. Accept and embrace changes as situations or objectives evolve
- Task Management Hero. Demonstrate the ability to work within timelines for successful completion of assigned tasks or projects
- Results Focus. Exhibit commitment to goals and consistently delivers results
- Enthusiastic. Maintains optimism through ups and downs; bounces back undaunted
- Customer Focus. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships by giving customers’ needs priority and responding quickly to customer concerns
- Accountable. Maintains consistency in all aspects of their job
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡 - we are remote first
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 - we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness - medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance - flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral program and apple equipment
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.
Smartling is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
The US national pay range for this role is $85,000 - $100,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.
To all recruitment agencies: Smartling does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Smartling employees. Smartling is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.