Junior Project Manager, Language Services
Smartling was founded 14 years ago to make localization and translation seamless. Today, Smartling is profitable and backed by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm, supporting company growth and expanding our market share and leadership position. We are the only cloud-based, AI-enabled translation platform that combines a Neural Machine Translation Hub and professional language services empowering teams to collaborate in real-time to create experiences customers love.
Smartling is seeking a Junior Project Manager, Language Services for a remote, work-from-home position, based in Ireland. We are looking for a true go-getter to own the critical task of making language services more accessible, scalable and reliable for our growing list of customers. In return, we offer competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, a clear career path and the unique opportunity to be a part of a high-growth company that is changing the world. As a Junior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of translations on the Smartling platform. This means playing the link between our linguist community, customers and the Smartling team to coordinate, monitor and deliver all translation projects per Smartling’s quality and turnaround time commitments.
- Oversee and deliver multiple translation projects on a daily basis, ensuring that Smartling meets its quality and turnaround time SLAs with all customers
- Manage all aspects of linguist assignments and translator capacity/ quality issues in a proactive manner
- Support Project Managers with account related administrative tasks as needed
- Foster close relationships with linguists and ensure the reliability and accountability of a growing translator community
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deliver in a high-paced environment and under tight timelines
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, persistent and positive in the face of tough challenges
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High level of self-motivation to constantly do things better, and to set the bar higher for yourself and others around you
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of comfort with/ ability to quickly pick up cloud-based software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Preferred but not required
- Familiarity with translation technology
- Knowledge of SaaS Dashboards
- Adaptable. Accept and embrace changes as situations or objectives evolve.
- Task Management Hero. Demonstrate the ability to work within timelines for successful completion of assigned tasks or projects.
- Results Focus. Exhibit commitment to goals and consistently delivers results.
- Enthusiastic. Maintains optimism through ups and downs; bounces back undaunted.
- Customer Focus. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships by giving customers’ needs priority and responding quickly to customer concerns.
- Accountable. Maintains consistency in all aspects of their job.
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡- we are remote-first
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 - We offer a competitive salary
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral programs and Apple equipment
- Wellness - PTO, Health Insurance and other benefits will be determined depending on your country of residence
Smartling is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, a quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.