Technical Support Specialist
Smartling was founded 14 years ago to make localization and translation seamless. Today, Smartling is rapidly growing, profitable and backed by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm, supporting company growth and expanding our market share and leadership position. We are the only cloud-based, AI-enabled translation platform that combines a Neural Machine Translation Hub and professional language services; empowering teams to collaborate in real-time to create multilingual experiences customers love.
We are seeking a Customer Support Specialist for a remote, work from home position.The Smartling Customer Support team provides exceptional technical support to our customers and platform users. Customer Support is responsible for managing, resolving, and preventing problems by providing consistent, top-notch customer service and product expertise. You're a great match if you are quick to learn a new product, analytical, and driven to help customers solve problems.
- Provide best-in-class customer support via channels such as email, phone, and chat
- Diagnose and solve customer problems, escalating when necessary
- Troubleshoot software and network issues using tools like Splunk, FullStory, Chrome Developer Tools, and cURL
- Direct users to relevant product documentation and resources as questions arise, empowering customers to be better Smartling users
- Identify gaps in resources and documentation to support future issue deflection
- Collaborate across teams, including Customer Success, Engineering and Product to solve problems and support our customers
- Plan, organize, and prioritize your work
- Advocate for product improvement and change
- Proactively contribute to process and service quality improvement
- Customer-centric mindset and an affinity to solve problems
- Capacity to empathize with users in a way that demonstrates you care about their issue and can be relied on to solve it
- Ability to make decisions to provide quick and accurate resolutions to users.
- Ability to explain complex problems in simple terms
- A desire to deliver a best-in-class customer support experience
- Some working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with web development tools, such as Firebug and Chrome Developer Tools
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar customer support role
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
Preferred but not required
- Experience with customer service platforms, such as Zendesk
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker
- An analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡 - we are remote first
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 - we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness - medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance - flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral program and apple equipment
We are considering candidates based in Eastern and Central time zones at this time.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.
The US national pay range for this role is $50,000-$75,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic locations as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.