Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Senior Engineer – Frontend /Senior Software Engineer
at Suki (View all jobs)
What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts you used to see in your doctor's office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage – time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. This is the problem we're solving right now! Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we're striving to do even better.
We are creating engaging product experiences, building applications and services that delight and empower doctors with experiences that they could never imagine with their health IT systems. We're a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine and even how medicine is practiced. We’re a GCP shop and 100% container run using Kubernetes.
What will you do everyday?
We are looking for a Senior Engineer-Frontend to join our Application Development team.
Specifically, you will be:
- Be a general athlete that can flex between front-end, back-end and whatever else needs your attention.
- Collaborating with the product, design and operations teams to build a world class product
- Architecting, developing, owning and maintaining highly scalable systems.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and maintaining high standards of code quality
- Creating unit and integration tests for written software code
- Providing technical expertise for every phase of the project lifecycle; from concept development to solution design, implementation, optimization and support.
- Drives the performance tuning, re-design and re-factoring for a module.
- Contributes to designing and implementing the build, release process as well as system configuration and deployment characteristics of the application.
- Implements (hands-on) the module components based on prevailing Framework and Open-source standards & its best practices.
- Responsible to prepare the technical design of the components
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Expertise: You know how to code. You understand our tech stack and can be productive with it. In other words, you’ve done this before.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You know that perfect is the enemy of the good – you like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building products in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem solving: You use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight processes and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- More than 6 years of strong product development experience
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms.
- Superior organization, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and building products spanning across geographically distributed teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Experience working with GRPC, GRPC context and Protocol Buffers would be a huge plus
- Experience with agile methodologies and good exposure to DevOps/CICD models would be a plus
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.
Something looks off?