Technical Support Specialist
What we want to accomplish and why we need you.
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts you used to see in your doctor’s office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage. Time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. This is the problem we’re solving right now! Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we are striving to do even better.
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Support Specialist, you will be the first line of defense for our customers who need support. Your goal is straightforward: ensure our customers are always happy and supported. You will ensure that all issues or questions that our customers have are addressed immediately (either by you or your team). You will be the central hub for any bug, issue, question or feature request that comes from either our external or internal customers. The role will work directly with customer success, operations, engineering and product and will work to solve, triage, and escalate all customer issues and feedback.
This team will be supporting Suki users 24 hours a day, 7 days a week therefore working outside of normal working hours, including weekends and overnight shifts, will be required. This position will primarily be working Saturdays through Wednesdays from 9:00 AM PDT to 5:00 PM PDT, with some rotation.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- User-centered: You are obsessed with the customer experience. You’re energized by talking to customers and you can’t wait to translate key consumer needs into business and product requirements. You have an innate understanding of user behavior.
- Data Driven: You use metrics to drive decision making
- Self-starter: You are motivated by impossible challenges and energized by creating something new.
- Process Oriented: Our tech support process will constantly need to be iterated on to ensure our users have the best experience possible, and you’re excited about this.
- Technical experience: You have the ability to handle complex technical issues that may require some level of engineering understanding.
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight processes and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Rigor: You are detail oriented and hold others to a high standard.
- Adopt with tools like JIRA, Salesforce, Intercom and experience with handling support tickets/customer forums, etc.
- 1 - 4 years of experience in Tech support /customer support function.
- Technically proficient with cloud services and basic understanding of SaaS services
- Exceptional communication and conflict resolution skills
- Task management skills, with a keen ability to think critically, prioritize effectively, and communicate expediently
- Experience using or integrating with an EMR is a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Understanding of medical documentation and medical terminology required
- Scribe or medical transcription experience preferred.
- Understanding of network architectures, networking domain, Kubernetes on Google Cloud platform would be a big plus
- Experience deploying/running/maintaining software services, troubleshooting and fixing issues specifically in a production grade SaaS environment, is required.
- Understanding of microservice based architectures and linux system fundamentals
- Analytical skills and experience with tools/processes needed for data-driven decision-making
* We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI.
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.
Something looks off?