Senior Software Engineer - Backend (C++/ Golang)
What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
What will you do everyday?
You’ll figure out the best way to standardize everything and constantly look for ways to make improvements. You will work directly on the platform that powers our microservices. You’ll help scale our platform for thousands of doctors and help improve usability. You’ll implement a microservices architecture and you’ll use GoLang and C++ to do it all. And you’ll be magnificent.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Expertise: You know how to code. You understand our tech stack and can be productive with it. In other words, you’ve done this before.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building product in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem solving: you use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- 8+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Proficient in C/C++
- Proven ability to build and maintain distributed backend services for ML/AI Applications
- Experience taking product technical design from inception to production
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals including algorithms, data structures and design is preferred
*Requirement is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything we’ve listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.