Technical Support Specialist II
Position: Technical Support Specialist II
What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts you used to see in your doctor’s office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage – time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. This is the problem we’re solving right now! Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we’re striving to do even better.
We are building Suki by spending time with our customers to understand features that will truly make their lives better. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine and even how medicine is practiced.
We’re growing fast and we’re ready to add a talented customer support professional to help us scale our operations.
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Support Specialist II, you will be the first line of defense for our customers who need support. Your goal is straightforward: ensure our customers are always happy and supported. You will ensure that all issues or questions that our customers have are addressed immediately (either by you or your team). You will be the central hub for any bug, issue, question or feature request that comes from either our external or internal customers. The role will work directly with customer success, operations, engineering and product and will work to solve, triage, and escalate all customer issues and feedback.
This team will be supporting Suki users 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, therefore working outside of normal working hours, including weekends and overnight shifts, will be required.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- User-centered: You are obsessed with the customer experience. You’re energized by talking to customers, and you can’t wait to translate key consumer needs into business and product requirements. You have an innate understanding of user behavior.
- Data Driven: You use metrics to drive decision-making
- Self-starter: You are motivated by impossible challenges and energized by creating something new.
- Process Oriented: Our tech support process will constantly need to be iterated on to ensure our users have the best experience possible, and you’re excited about this.
- Technical experience: You have the ability to handle complex technical issues that may require a good level of engineering understanding.
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight processes and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Rigor: You are detail oriented and hold others to a high standard.
- A minimum of 6+ year’s experience in application development or Level 3 support is desired.
- Assist with day-to-day production/non-production concerns, serve as a point of contact for urgent and/or complex issues, and manage expectations.
- Applying standards and researching/sharing best practices, learning new products and product updates and proactively sharing knowledge with teams, documenting and escalating gaps/weaknesses, and documenting technical specifications.
- It is necessary to have prior experience deploying, running, and supporting software services, as well as troubleshooting and fixing issues in a production-grade SaaS environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, and have excellent follow-up abilities, as well as be results-oriented.
- Understanding of microservice-based architectures and the principles of the Linux operating system
- Experience with technologies such as JIRA, Salesforce, and Intercom, as well as handling support tickets/customer forums, etc.
- Technically adept with cloud services and a thorough understanding of SaaS.
- Communication and conflict resolution abilities that are second to none
- Task management abilities, as well as the capacity to analyze critically, prioritize efficiently, and communicate quickly are required.
- Experience using or integrating with an EMR is a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
- Provide regular verbal and written communications regarding status, risks, issues, as well as makes recommendations for remediation or change
- Understanding of medical documentation and medical terminology required
- Scribe or medical transcription experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of advanced network architectures, networking domain, Kubernetes and deploying containerized services on Google Cloud platform would be preferred.
- Analytical skills and experience with tools/processes needed for data-driven decision-making.
* We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Suki
- Series C raised last year!
- On a roll: Announced major partnerships with Google
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Google and Apple in tech and UCSF and Stanford in medicine. We have technologists and doctors working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital Partners, Marc Benioff and others.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation and order entry solutions - our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, bringing innovation that relieves the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Help our doctors save time in their day so they can focus on providing great care.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.
To all recruitment agencies: Suki does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Suki (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Suki employees. Suki will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.