Senior DevSec Ops Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Position: DevSec Ops Engineer
What we want to accomplish and why we’re hiring you
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space - the digital assistant. We are going to be the
voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean exactly? Currently doctors use their
electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts
you use to see in the doctor’s office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and creating
medical notes in these systems can be very time consuming. Time that a doctor would rather have to
spend with patients. This is the problem we’re solving right now! Doctors that use Suki spend 50%+
less time on administrative tasks and we’re striving to do even more.
We are a product driven company. Suki has one product running as a single service and we’re focused
on making that world class. We’re a cloud native company using the latest and greatest technologies
built on top of Google Cloud. Our platform team consists of DevOps, security, platform and back-end
engineers that are committed to reliably and securely scaling our cloud platform to enable the rest of
our engineering team. The team enables other engineering teams to work efficiently and provide
standardized tooling, including monitoring, logging, etc. We’re responsible for the security and
management of our infrastructure up the stack to include the platform that our microservices are built
on. We own the voice stack that powers the digital assistant. Our tech stack includes: Terraform,
Kubernetes, GoLang and various GCP services and we’re going to scale it to support millions of hours
of real-time streaming voice.
What will you do everyday?
You’ll ensure site reliability. You’ll deploy and maintain infrastructure to scale our product. You’ll live
and breathe SLAs, SLOs and SLIs and enable other developers to leverage our platform correctly and
efficiently. You’ll work on our CI/CD process and you’ll help conduct and participate in blameless post-
mortems. And you’ll be a rock star.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
● Collaboration: you like working with teams and will do whatever it takes to help others
● Commitment: you care about uptime and an outage burns away a bit of your soul
● Coolness under fire: you’re calm when systems fail and simply get to work to get all systems
● Humility: you’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
● Adaptability: you thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and
cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
● Empathy: you want to empower others and feel bad when they feel bad
● Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
● Experience with infrastructure as code, such as Terraform, Python and Shell scripting
● Experience with Go, Bash, Python
● Experience with Cloud (GCP preferred), monitoring & alerting tools
● CI/CD, infrastructure automation,
● Experience with HIPAA a plus● You believe class SRE implements DevOps
● GCP, Kubernetes Certification, a plus
Tell me more about Suki
● On a roll: Named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI; Named "Best New Startup"
(Rock Health); Announced major partnership with Google
● Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Google and Apple in
tech and UCSF and Stanford in medicine. We have technologists and doctors working side by
side to solve difficult problems.
● Great investors: we’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Marc Bennioff and others.
● Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation
and order entry solutions - our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare,
bringing innovation that relieves the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
● Great customers: Help our doctors save time in their day so they can focus on providing
● Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion
and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are
stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.