Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Genius is one of the brands at MediaLab, a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Genius celebrates More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
We champion curiosity and believe that everyone has music knowledge to share: insights, intel, and musings that make us more informed, engaged music lovers. As the world's biggest music encyclopedia with a passionate community of more than two million contributors, Genius is a destination for artists, creatives, and superfans to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
Your Role at MediaLab
As a Distro Assistant at MediaLab, you will help the team continue to build its new music distribution operation which services the company’s music brands including Worldstar and Genius. The Distro Assistant will report to the VP of Content Strategy and support the Distro, A&R, and Digital Marketing efforts on the execution of new releases, catalog maintenance, and promotional campaigns.
Location: While this role is remote, NYC or LA are strongly preferred locations.
What You'll Do
- Assist with collecting deliverables from artists and asset uploads with our distribution partners
- Support the Distro team on project management, scheduling, and updating internal teams on our latest releases
- Assist with artist research, collecting social and streaming data
- Maintain a centralized Distro release calendar
- Attend all team meetings and take notes when necessary
- Work with Worldstar’s video team to schedule Distro premieres
- Coordinate social media posts with Worldstar and Genius to support Distro artists
- Track playlist placements and streaming performance on Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
What We're Looking For
- Degree preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of music industry experience
- A knowledge and passion for all music, especially Hip-Hop
- A strong communicator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be detail oriented, punctual and be able to multitask
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.