Software Engineer, Full Stack
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Your Role at MediaLab
MediaLab Engineering supports a growing number of applications across multiple business verticals under the MediaLab umbrella.
The Engineering team is incredibly talented and includes talented individuals who have experience working in large scale systems. If you've designed complex scalable systems, built powerful and intuitive user interfaces, or worked with great teams on hard problems in consumer products, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a savvy full-stack engineer to help continue to iterate on a variety of projects on our Kik application. These projects will require a hands-on, roll up your sleeves mentality and vary in percent of time focused on front versus back-end development. Day to day will focus on maintaining, implementing, expanding exciting features as well as activities associated with other areas such as database and architecture design.
What You'll Do
- Work with product, design and other engineering teams to implement new features and transform existing products
- Build stable, extendable, testable code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Deploy to Production and Staging environments
- Be available on the On-Call Schedule in case of outages
What We're Searching For
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in engineering, preferably within ad-tech or the user generated content space
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, but not required
- Full-stack engineering experience with Java
- Familiar with agile methodologies and proper testing efforts
- Enjoy continuous learning of new technologies and best implementations
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.