Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Your Role at MediaLab
MediaLab Engineering supports a growing number of applications across multiple business verticals which have been acquired through a careful selection process to integrate with its internal Ad platform that processes billions of impressions a month. The technical effort involved is massive and we need go-getters looking to make a substantial impact.
We're looking for an experienced iOS Engineer to work on Imgur - our image hosting and sharing platform that allows users to upload, store, and share images and animated GIFs - who is going to be responsible of developing new features and working on maintaining the existing app.
We are looking for a passionate developer who loves to tackle new challenges, learn new technologies and work alongside other stellar developers.
What You'll Do
- Own the development, testing and maintenance of Imgur’s iOS app
- Ship reliable software through test automation and code reviews
- Fix bugs and improve application performance
- Work with a small team to produce and ensure delivery of quality, readable and well-tested code
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and to specification
- Promote the adoption of new technologies while continuously advancing and evolving our legacy codebase as well as refine our best practices and processes
What We're Searching For
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid understanding of iOS tools (Swift, Objective C, UIKit, AVFoundation, XCode Cloud, Core Data, Realm, ARC)
- Solid understanding of UIKit AutoLayout and writing constraints programmatically (SnapKit preferably)
- Familiarity with building custom animations and interactive transitions (e.g. CABasicAnimation, CAAnimationGroup, Keyframe Animations, UIViewPropertyAnimator)
- Self-motivated with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about writing clean, well organized and production-ready code
- A portfolio of Apps or SDKs already built and in the App Store
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.