Manual QA Technician
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2023
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Your Role at MediaLab
Manual Quality Assurance (QA) is absolutely imperative in providing support for QA Engineers as well as Developers to ensure we are delivering the best product possible. This role allows you to work closely with a variety of technical teams as well as the Product team to ensure specifications are being met and features are up to our quality standards. As a Manual QA Technician, you are someone who rallies for high quality and user needs. With our diverse technology stack, you will learn a wide array of different technical tools and knowledge, allowing substantial career growth and a natural progression to Quality Engineer.
What You'll Do
- Write, track, and execute manual test cases across multiple apps and platforms
- Validate developer tickets based on product specifications
- Identify and report defects in a range of applications, providing meaningful information for development team
- Update internal Test Suite documentation to stay up to date with newly written tests and features
- Use technical tools such as Charles Proxy, Firebase Analytics, ADB, etc. to diagnose problems at a deeper level than simple UI testing
- Collaborate with Developers and the broader QA team to provide feedback for new feature direction and QA optimization strategies
What We're Searching For
- A practiced eye for pixel misalignments, font size, margin error, and other visual details
- Familiarity with iOS and Android platforms and current devices
- Adaptability in a fast paced environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Experience with a bug tracking software such as JIRA or Backlog
- Quick learner who can pick up new software rapidly and address gaps of knowledge
- Experience with automated testing tools is an added bonus
- Fluency in English
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
See more open positions at Amino
Something looks off?