Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2023
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Your Role at MediaLab
MediaLab Engineering supports a growing number of applications across multiple business verticals under the MediaLab umbrella.
The Engineering team is incredibly talented and includes talented individuals who have experience working in large scale systems. If you've designed complex scalable systems, built powerful and intuitive user interfaces, or worked with great teams on hard problems in consumer products, this is the place for you.
For this particular application, we work in Python, and at Staff level, require prior experience with the language. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies though, we're looking for driven engineers with real technical depth and a desire to understand the entire business. We want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of the whole company.
What You'll Do
- Work with product, design and other engineering teams to implement new features and transform existing products
- Build stable, extendable, testable code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Deploy to Production and Staging environments
- Be available on the On-Call Schedule in case of outages
- Mentor one or two more junior engineers within the organization
- Modernize Infrastructure by migrating a python 2 monolith to python 3 and migrate to Kubernetes
What We're Searching For
- Minimum of 8+ years experience within increasingly complex engineering organizations
- Consumer facing application or web experience strongly preferred
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study as well as strong grasp of dynamic programming
- Extensive full-stack or backend engineering experience with Python and React, Golang is a plus
- Familiar with agile methodologies and proper testing efforts
- Passion for continuous learning of new technologies and best implementations
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
See more open positions at Amino
Something looks off?